“Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labour.
For if they fall, the one will lift his fellow, but woe to him that is alone when he faileth, for he hath not another to help him up.
Again, if two lie together, then they have heat, but how can one be warm alone?
And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him, and threefold cord is not easily broken”.
The following are the benefits of companionship in marriage
1. It is better than solo syndrome, “two are better than one”
2. It has a great reward
3. It helps in time of weakness, sickness, failure, dangers, etc (Eccl. 4:10)
4. It helps in fighting both physical and spiritual battles. (Eccl. 4:12)
5. It helps to understand one’s spouse better
6. It prevents outsiders from coming between the couple.
7. It attracts the presence of God to the home. (Prov. 18:20)
8. It breeds good and lasting marriage
9. It serves as a good example to children
Bisi Adewale is the president of Family Booster Ministry and College of Marital Success (CMS) (Africa’s Premier Marriage Institute), Host of Family Booster Moments on TV, watched in many countries across the globe. He also hosts the popular Lagos Couples’ Conference and breakthrough for singles summit
He is a conference speaker that has authored more than 60 books on singleness, marriage and family life.visit his blog and get a free book: www.totalfamilylife.com, you can buy his book at: www.familybooster.com and attend marriage school at: Collegeofmaritalsuccess.com, join him on Facebook.com/totalfamilylife